This guide will show you the correct steps to create and configure a Thunderbird account to work with our Email Hosting.
1. Open your Thunderbird client and click the menu button, click Options then Account Settings.
2. Click the Account Actions drop down and select Add Mail Account.
3. On the Mail Account Setup page fill out your information, then click Continue.
4. While Thunderbird is looking up configuration... click Stop and then Manual Config.
5. Choose Connection Type, Incoming:
Then set Server Hostname to mail.greenviewdata.com and Authentication to Normal password. Once complete, click Re-test.
6. Verify all information is correct, then click Done
7. On the left navigation bar under Account Settings click Outgoing Server (SMTP). Select <your mail server name> (default) and click Edit.
8. Configure the SMTP Server Settings:
Enter your email address as the User Name and check Use secure authentication. Select SSL/TLS for connection security and click Ok