You can copy messages and other items into a new or existing set of personal (.pst) folders. This option lets you select which items you want to export and which you want to exclude. You can use this method whether your mail is stored in a hosted Exchange Server mailbox or in a set of personal folders.
1. In Outlook select File then Open and then click Import.
2. Select Export to a File and click Next.
3. Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
4. Highlight Mailbox-Your Name to export the entire contents of your mailbox if you want to backup only a selected subfolder such as your Calendar, highlight only the Calendar folder.
5. Check Include Subfolders if you have subfolders you want to backup as well. Do not check Include Subfolders if there are no subfolders required for the backup.
6. Click Next and then OK.
8. Choose where you want the file to be saved and Select Replace Duplicates with Items Exported.
9. Click Finish and then Ok on the next screen. You do not have to enter a password, all data will now be exported to the .PST file. You can save this file as a backup or use it to import into a new Outlook profile.