Business Continuity When the Weather Hits
The weather is not getting any better. History-making hurricanes and tornadoes, and now the 2014 Winter Storm Ion (a.k.a. Snowpocalypse or Snowmageddon) means that more businesses with their own in-house servers will be down when their power goes out or their employees can't get to work.
Email is serious business. Today, it includes collaboration, calendaring, document sharing and more. Businesses lose money when they can't communicate internally and with customers. The only way to ensure reliable business continuity is to host your email and collaboration at geographically redundant secure data centers. Not many business can afford to do that on their own. That's where we come in.
We use the same email and collaboration system that we provide to our customers. We've been communicating seamlessly and securely throughout the 2014 Winter Storm (and all the other storms and weather disasters).
Some of us are working from home this morning on desktops, laptops, cell phones or tablets. Others are at the office. We're providing our brilliant 24/7/365 live support to our customers through it all and otherwise communicating and collaborating internally pretty much as if nothing happened. And we know it's all secure. That's the difference.
Business Communications Need to Be Secure in Any Weather
Many of the "free" cloud email services are not secure enough. For one, they make their money by scanning your incoming and outgoing emails for clues on what ads to push to you.
That's not just annoying. It could violate privacy regulations that you're required to comply with or even your corporate governance policies. And what do you know about their data centers other than the fact that Big Brother might also be watching?
Business email needs to be secure on many levels, such as:
- Compliant data centers: That means anywhere from physical security to certification with standards.
- Geographic Redundancy: This is more than just a fault tolerant system. Geographic redundancy means replicated data centers a certain geographic distance apart to ensure continuity in power and internet communication.
- Secure Connections: You need to collaborate and access your email, contacts, calenders and shared documents anytime from anywhere using any device. But the connection also needs to be secure from any of those. Look for an email provider with SSL ("https") connectivity like you use for online banking. It encrypts the communications between you and your email server.
- Available Full Encryption: Regardless of weather conditions, some businesses (like health care providers, attorneys and law firms and financial businesses> should have email encryption available to secure the messages and attachments from prying eyes. It can also help comply with regulations and provide safe harbor. To be safe, make sure the encryption is "policy-based", meaning that it will automatically encrypt emails that contain certain sensitive information, like social security numbers, credit card numbers, etc.
- Cloud-based Anti-Spam with Low False Positives: . Email security also means getting the email you want without the spam and viruses. Cloud-based anti-spam traps spam, phishing scams and other dangerous email in the Cloud, before it can damage your business. Also, many providers claim they can achieve high spam-blocking rates; but only by blocking too much of your good email. A good business antispam system has high spam-blocking rates with very few false-positives (legitimate emails blocked as spam), so your customers, clients or patients can communicate with you.
Secure Business Email and Collaboration from Greenview Data
In addition to secure email hosting, we also provide policy-based email encryption, RestorEmail™ archiving and SpamStopsHere™ anti-spam / anti-virus (99.5% spam blocking and 0.001% false positives with no tuning or learning period). All of our secure Cloud email services come with 24/7/365 live support.
If a conversation about secure email makes sense for your business or practice, give us a call, chat or email anytime. We're always here. 24/7/365.
www.GreenviewData.com | 800-458-3348 | 734-426-7500 |