The cloud wins in a recent comparison of traditional in-house email servers vs. cloud-based email.
According to the comparison, some of the benefits of moving to the cloud include:
- Predictable Cost: Rent the hardware and software rather than buy it.
- Lower Operating Expense: No infrastructure commitments just for email.
- Faster Deployment: You don't have to install new hardware or software
- Little maintenance: Offload the headaches to the pros who do it for a living.
- Better security: Viruses and other threats stay in the cloud, far away from your network
- Scalability: Many hosted email vendors let you add and subtract users easily and quickly through browser-based control panels. No more buying more hardware or software. Some, like Greenview Data's Hosted Email, even let you change feature levels per user on the fly.