Can I Use SpamStopsHere?
Not for use with AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.
The SpamStopsHere service is not available for free email accounts or the email account you might have with your ISP or Cable company, e.g. @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, @gmail.com, @aol.com, @att.net, @comcast.net, @sbcglobal.net. In these cases your email provider would need to sign up for the SpamStopsHere service for their entire domain name in order for you to use our service.
Works with any business domain name
The portion of an email address after the @ is called the domain name. If you or your business own a registered domain name, e.g. example.com, and have email addresses with that domain, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, then SpamStopsHere is for you!
SpamStopsHere works for the entire domain. In other words, email sent to any email address @example.com will be filtered for spam.
Do I need my own mail server?
No! You only need your own domain name.
Will the service work with any web/email hosting provider?
Although the Internet standards for email and DNS support implementing an anti-spam service, it is possible that a hosting company may have one of the following limitations which will interfere:
- The host refuses to change the MX records.
- The host charges you a fee to change the MX records.
- The host's DNS control panel may also configure their email server to no longer host your email.
- The host can not disable SPF filtering for your domain's email. (When implementing an anti-spam service, the anti-spam service becomes the border MTA where SPF filtering should occur. SPF filtering after the gateway will fail.)
- The host can not disable rate/volume limiting. (When implementing an anti-spam service, all email for your domain will come from a small number of IP addresses, causing problems if the host is doing rate limiting based on connections per IP address.)
- The host can not disable existing anti-spam products. (When using SpamStopsHere other anti-spam products should be disabled to prevent causing accuracy problems that may be blamed on SpamStopsHere.)
A possible work around for the first three issues may be hosting your domain's DNS with a third party.
The above limitations will make it difficult or impossible to implement SpamStopsHere's anti-spam service as well as other anti-spam services in the marketplace. If you find that you cannot implement our service, we will gladly give you a full refund during the "14-day Money-back guarantee" period. You may also be interested in switching to our Greenview's Email Hosting which is guaranteed to work with SpamStopsHere.
Please check out our Greenview Email Hosting packages which include SpamStopsHere filtering. Obviously, we guarantee that our own Email Hosting service will work with SpamStopsHere.
Hosting services with known anti-spam service limitations
At this time, the following web hosting company's shared hosting plans have a limitation where they can not change the DNS MX records for your domain and still host your domain's email or are doing SPF record filtering or Rate/Volume Limiting:
- Action Web Hosting
- Surftown A/S
At this time, the following web hosting company's shared hosting plans have a limitation where your email server can not be removed from the MX records to prevent bypasses (referred to as "optimized MX records") and still have your email hosted by the hosting company:
- Hostway (Ask them to put you on a non-SPF filtered mailserver)
- Host Excellence/IX Web Hosting
- Pair Networks (Please see note below)
Go Daddy (Please see note below)
Note: Pair Networks technical support team will work with you. They asked that any of their users wishing to use SpamStopsHere send them a request saying, " 'Please configure the domain ___ to accept mail on the Pair server without an explicit Pair MX record.' This will quickly allow us to understand your request and complete it in a timely manner."
Note: Go Daddy e-mail hosting will not allow you to add or remove e-mail addresses to your e-mail account while Go Daddy's MX records are not listed as the highest priority.
Due to the poor support our clients have experienced with some hosting providers, we will not accept accounts hosted at the following:
Does it work if I host my own email server, such as Microsoft Exchange?
Yes! SpamStopsHere works with any mail server software that is already accepting Internet email, including Microsoft Exchange, Novell Groupwise, Lotus Domino, Sendmail, etc.
What about larger businesses?
Since our servers are arranged in large virtual clusters with load balancing technologies, we are completely scalable. We can take on any size customer. We keep our clusters operating at or lower than 50% capacity during peak times and can quickly add nodes to the clusters to maintain peak operating performance. Please see our pricing page, as we do bill based on the number of mailboxes being filtered.