Professional EBCDIC to ASCII Data Conversion Services
“...the best and most perfect IT company I have dealt with.”
– Derek Standley, IT Consultant, adaptIT
With over 15 years experience in professional EBCDIC to ASCII conversion services, Greenview can handle all IBM Mainframe, AS400, and other COBOL data files of any complexity.
Turn-Key EBCDIC Conversion Solutions
Indeed, Greenview is often the "last resort" for mainframe companies and other conversion services when they encounter files too complex for their own tools and staff. Tricky files with multiple record types, variable length records and thousands of signed, packed, binary and special fields can all be converted with absolute accuracy.
Typically, we create a turn-key solution from the file specifications (e.g. COBOL copybook) and a sample data file. The customer then converts their daily or monthly data on their own computer(s) using our supplied VEDIT software. All in an exceptionally fast and cost effective manner.
Nearly Any File Type, Including Old Analog Data
Our EBCDIC conversion services started in 1997 when corporate clients of our VEDIT software requested assistance for Y2K projects with the goal of converting all their EBCDIC files to SQL and "pulling the plug" on their mainframes. Ontario Hydro and the Canadian Province of Saskatchewan were two clients that used our software and services to convert hundreds of different mainframe files and thousands of files in total.
Since then, we have continuously improved our software and expertise to convert files especially in the areas of banking, credit card processing, real estate, and oil and tax records. We are now also converting seismic data and can read ancient data on 9-track tapes as well as 3480/3490 cartridges.
Having converted nearly 1000 different EBCDIC files, we are familiar with most types including:
- FDR (First Data Resources) credit card and other files:
- Combined Cardholder Master incl. Flap and Method Override
- Commercial Card
- Daily Merchant Monetaries
- Daily Monetary Detail
- Also, Annual Activity Summary, Balance and Status Tape, Cardholder Master File, Combined Cardholder Master/Flap, CD031 Raw Data File, Central Information File, Collections Master File, Commercial Card, Daily Merchant Monetaries, Daily Monetary Detail, Financial Transaction Detail, Fraud Falcon Analysis Data, Mailer Statement Record, Merchant History File, Monthly Bonbase, Recovery One File
- Texas Railroad Commission files
- ADP payroll and accounting files
- Accounting files used in the Banking and Investment industries
- Patient information files used by BCBS and other Healthcare providers
- Seismic data (COBOL based)
“... we had done some comparisons from the ASCII file that we received from FDR and the converted EBCDIC file with VEDIT, and VEDIT had done a more accurate job in all of the discrepencies that we had!!!”
- Darrin Olson, Capital Card Services, Inc.
Finally, you can convert your legacy mainframe data to a modern database such as SQL, quickly, securely and at an affordable price.
Contact Us Today
Call us today at 800-458-3348 (from US/Canada) or 734-426-7500 (Worldwide) and experience our exceptional service.